Velo Club Moulin

Friday 27 March 2009

Dengie - The Hell of the East

....or the Flanders in Essex. looking at the start list I see there is a VCM interest. Of course, I have done my rain dance and today it did indeed rain. Not for long but hopefully just enough. I shall be there tomorrow shooting arty farty (it is a setting on my camera that takes any other options out of my hands) stuff, and for the race proper Sunday. Looking forward to it. So Steve, if you want to blog your day then I should have the appropriate image with which to accompany it. I'll be in a ditch somewhere looking shady. I intend shooting protraits of certain riders before and after the event so if you see me give me a shout. (hint: I look more like a rugby player than a biker cos I was! ). Chapeau!

6 comments:

martysavalas said...

saw some pictures of that recently. looks rad.

was talk about doing something vaguely similar round these parts but it went all quiet.

have fun y'all!

andytrailfettler said...

Allez, allez, allez Stevo!

this race looks fun.
http://www.britishcycling.org.uk/web/site/BC/roa/EventReports2008/20080330_dengie_marshes.asp

Marty - maybe vcm could ressurrect the idea??

andytrailfettler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Marty, shame it all went quiet. An event like that in these parts would be fantastic....

Lots of potential for something truly great.

ThePixelMerch©nt said...

I went out and recce'd the course today. The roads are very narrow and the land is pan flat and near two estuaries so the wind howls across the marshes. The notorious farm track actually looks OK (to an mtber!)being packed cinder - but the last 200 odd metres are mud and puddles. Some of the puddles have piles of housebricks in them! The private roads are very pot holed. The course is like a number 9 or a lollipop. Start leg, 7 circuits and then back down the 'stick' to the finish. I know my Dengie virgin friends are worried! More later.

martysavalas said...

Marty - maybe vcm could ressurrect the idea??
i reckon we'd be better leaning on the original suggester (mr stevie couper) so we can all ride it. or

maybe a cheeky sportive rather than a proper race (to start with)?

lots of smooth forest road in the trossachs...
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3567/3393727976_fb3941f158_b.jpg