Velo Club Moulin

Thursday 4 September 2008

charity ride, Ed to York

Am doing a ride this Friday and Saturday from Edinburgh to York with my two older brothers in aid of the Yorkshire Air Ambulance. 115miles each day. Should be fun, i'm excited. Maybe not jumping for joy at the heavy rain forecast though, but I guess it justs adds to the challenge! Also I'm looking forward to hanging out with my brothers for a couple of days. Haven't had the chance to do this enough lately.

I don't think many people realise the air ambulance is a charity relying on donations to keep going. So we figured we'd try do something to help out a little bit and we hail from that part of the country too.

It'll be a challenge, especially for my middle brother Jim who's not really a cyclist. If anyone would like to sponsor us for this endevour, that would be brilliant! I'd just need your name, amount and address if qualifying for giftaid. Also, if you can sponsor us you'll be entered into a prize draw (!) that will be drawn this Sunday at at charity barbie my folks are holding back home.

Oh yeah, the route:

Fri: Ed - Galashiels - Hawick - Kielder - Bellingham - Hexham
Sat: Hexham - Bishop Auckland - Scotch Corner - York

Wish us luck!

1 comment:

jac said...

Sorry Andy, I've not looked at the interweb all weekend. Hope the ride went well and you didn't get too soaked in the terrible rain.

I'll drop you an e-mail re sponsorship.