Velo Club Moulin

Thursday 1 May 2008

Road to recovery (and lambs)

Today was my first ride after having the pox and first ride in almost two weeks! It was all a bit of a close run thing with today's rubbish weather, but I thought I'd better at least ride once before SSUK.

So, I decided to go for a ride on the way home from work. A road ride on my singlespeed town bike on a nice road which had lots of lovely little lambs by the side of it when I last rode it two weeks ago (my how they've grown in two weeks!)

Well, my legs weren't so bad after all. I was probably a big redder in the cheeks than usual, but eventually the sun came out, a big grin appeared on my face and a happy song popped into my head. I even decided to take a bit of a detour and try out a new road I've not been along before.

All in all, not so bad. Maybe two weeks of drinking tea, eating date and walnut cake and watching repeats of Midsomer Murders was just what the doctor ordered!

No comments: